You possess a broad range of project experiences and work diligently to facilitate communication between clients and project teams, keep projects on track, manage relationships, and ensure the studio is represented well through on-brief design deliverables at each stage of a project, working closely with the Project Director.
You would be joining a 30+ member design-build firm within a supportive environment and be working alongside, taking work from, and being mentored by the Principal, Studio Director, and all members of our Design team.
- Execute project schedules, maintain client relations, quality control and ensure deadlines are met as assigned and coordinated by Project Director
- Produce specs/narratives and drawings with project team members
- Coordinate and maintain safety standards
- Produce detailed construction documents in AutoCAD and Revit
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills with a design-oriented background or interests
- Highly organized and attune to specific project needs from team tasks to consultant coordination
- Close familiarity with architectural standards, architectural documentation, and project development at all design phases
- Understanding and knowledge of building codes, zoning regulations, building construction, building systems and site requirements
- Keen analytical and problem-solving skills, with high attention to detail
- Ability to work under indirect supervision
- Effective interpersonal skills and collaborative management style to include teamwork and team building
- Comfortable with ambiguity and time spent outside of comfort zone acquiring new skills
- Technically creative and open-minded
EDUCTATION + LICENSING REQUIREMENTS
- Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in Architecture or Interior Design from an accredited institution
- 5+ years of architectural experience
- Full-time / 40-hour work week (Monday-Friday)
- Might travel outside of OKC area
- Job appropriate work attire
- Excellent benefits package
- Full health, vision, and dental for employee
- 401(k) plan
- Life insurance
- Discounted YMCA membership
- Tiered PTO + Christmas/New Year’s
- Click to apply or send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Write a short paragraph about why you would be a good fit for this role.
- Indicate what days/times work best for a possible interview.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer. This is a full-time position offering a competitive salary commensurate with experience. Only candidates whose skills match the minimum requirements above should apply.
More About Us
Gardner is an integrated architecture, design, build, and fabrication studio. We imagine places, create environments, and construct objects tethered to meaning. Founded in 2014 on the belief that clients desire more from our industry, we operate as a true partnership — engaging with clients at every level, from start to finish in order to provide exceptionally personal and exquisitely tailored architectural and design solutions. Our experience is wide-ranging across private and multi-family residences, hospitality and retail concepts, office, mixed-use, and master planned developments, educational and faith-based spaces.
We offer a dedicated team of interdisciplinary architects, interior designers, and craftspeople across our Design + Build + Fabricate teams. Our office in Oklahoma City is designed to encourage an open flow of ideas from design to completion, with our studio and workshop under a single shared roof.